The William P. Duval Chapter, NSDAR was organized on May 13, 1957. Our chapter was named for William P. Duval (1784-1854), who served as the first Civilian Governor of Florida Territory, from 1822-1834.
We hold our meetings in Winter Park, Florida; however, our members live throughout the Central Florida area and beyond. On May 10, 2017 we celebrated the 60th anniversary of our chapter.
We hold monthly daytime meetings each month September through May. We also hold quarterly night meetings for those women who are unable to attend daytime meetings.
- Our chapter conducts four classes that are open to the public at the Winter Park Library:
- Two Beginning Genealogy classes
- Two How to Find Revolutionary War Patriots classes.
- We have also conducted a Supplemental Application Workshop for DAR members.
- We award scholarships to outstanding graduating seniors from Winter Park High School.
- We support both the Tamassee and Kate Duncan Smith DAR Schools.
- We support veterans in a variety of ways.
- We participate in Community Events to foster awareness of the NSDAR.
- We award National Defense medals that include, but are not limited to, Junior ROTC and ROTC cadets.
- We have many active committees.
We invite you to contact the Regent Ann Maner for more information.
William P. Duval Chapter, NSDAR
Winter Park, Florida 32790–1839
The content contained herein does not necessarily represent the position of the NSDAR. Hyperlinks to other sites are not the responsibility of the NSDAR, the state organizations, or individual DAR chapters. For corrections, please contact webmaster Elaine Powell.
Last update 5/10/2019